Tournament Rules of Play
1. Teams will consist of up to ten(10) boys or ten(10) girls, five starters and five substitutes. Players may only be rostered on one (1) team within a specific age group. Coed divisions must have one girl on the field at all times.
2. Teams will be grouped into divisions according to age, gender and experience. Players may “play up” in age but not down in age. Teams U18 and younger must have an adult coach present.
3. All teams will play at least three (3) games during the weekend, unless the scheduled games are reduced or shortened, due to rain or unforeseen circumstances.
4. Playing fields shall be 20 yards x 25 yards, or as space permits. Goals will be 6ft. x 8ft.
5. Games will have two 12-minute halves with a two-minute halftime. If the score is tied at the end of regulation play, the game is recorded as a tie. In a playoff situation that can occur in 6 or 8 team brackets, both teams will move immediately to a tie-breaker. Ties will be decided with 5 penalty kicks for each team on a rotating basis until one team wins. If the score is still tied, teams alternate penalty shots until a decisive goal is scored.
6. A coin toss determines opening possession. Opposition will control the ball at the start of the second half. Kick-offs are in-direct.
7. The ball must completely cross the goal line between the goal posts to score a goal. Balls kicked from the defensive half of the field are considered indirect. The ball must touch a player in the offensive half of the field to be a goal.
8. All players must wear a jersey the same color as their teammates. Jersey numbers are recommended but not required. All players must wear shorts and tops. No skins or swim bottoms.
9. Ball is out of bounds when it completely crosses at least one of the boundary lines. Kick-ins will replace throw-ins and are in-direct
10. THERE IS NO OFFSIDE.
11. All fouls taking place more than ten (10) feet from the goal shall result in an indirect free kick with opponents three (3) yards away. All fouls taking place within ten (10) feet of the goal will result in a penalty shot.
12. Penalty shots will be taken from 12 yards out. Once the shot is taken, the ball is dead. No rebounds or follow-up play is allowed. If the shot is missed, the defensive team is awarded a goal kick.
13. Goal kicks will be taken from your defensive END LINE.
14. There is no goal box outlined in the sand. The size of the goal box is roughly 5 yards on either side of the goal and 10 yards forward within the referees discretion
15. Intentional fouls or intentional hand ball in the attacking half of the field will result in a penalty kick from 12 yards out.
16. NO SLIDE TACKLING IS ALLOWED.
17. Substitutions are unlimited and may only be made when play is stopped.
18. Each game will have one referee, who will call fouls and keep score and time.
19. Everyone will be using a size 4 ball.
20. Tournament directors and staff reserve the right to verify any player’s age. Inaccurate information is grounds for disqualification of the entire team.
21. When receiving a yellow card the player must leave the field and/or be substituted immediately. The player cannot re-enter until the next dead ball.
22. Red cards will result in elimination from the remainder of the tournament.
23. Fighting will result in a red card and the full team(s) eliminated from the tournament.
24. NO HEADING, for U8, U9, U10 age groups.
A win is important, but it’s not the only way a team advances. Teams are ranked by the total number of points accumulated through individual games in each round of play.
Win = 6 points
Defensive Shutout = 1 point
Tie = 3 point
Every goal up to three (3) = 1 point each (even in a loss)
Loss = 0 points
Forfeit = 8 points
Point Tie Breakers Head to Head competition Total Goals Scored in tournament Total Goals Against in tournament
If still tied in points through all tie breaker scenarios, teams will complete sudden death PKs to determine bracket placement.